High-quality care is never out of demand
Unlike other sectors. the need for homecare services does not fluctuate with changing economic conditions. The UK’s ageing population is rising exponentially though, of course, it is not only the elderly that we provide care for. Our services are available to anyone of any age who is in need of the special level of care we can provide, and demand for that care is growing all the time.
- The number of people aged 65 years and over is expected to increase by 1.6% over 2021-22 to total 12.7 million, accounting for 18.9% of total UK population, the highest proportion this age group has ever comprised.
- In 2020-21 there were over 1.9 million requests for support from new clients received by local authorities.
- In the UK, there are almost 2 million people living with sight loss. Of these, around 360,000 are registered as blind or partially sighted* and more than 40% of people over 50 years old have hearing loss, rising to more than 70% of people over the age of 70.
- Research conducted shows that, in 2019, there were over 850,000 people with dementia in the UK (Alzheimer’s Society, 2019). This represents 1 in every 14 of the population aged 65 years and over.
- According to NHS Digital, just over a third (35.5%) of requests from 18 to 64 year olds resulted in no services provided compared to just over a quarter (25.4%) of requests from those aged 65 and over.
Providing the right kind of care
There is a greater need for high-quality care services now than there has ever been, and this is only the beginning. Service users are not just looking for their basic needs to be met. They want care that enables them to live their lives to fullest – with dignity and respect.
For a lot of people, that means receiving care in the place where they feel most comfortable and secure: their own home.
There is an ever-increasing demand for the kind of compassionate, personal home care service that Hope Homecare offers.
This is why we are so keen to recruit new franchisees. There is an urgent need for quality care all across the UK, and we need compassionate, talented, and professional individuals to help us deliver it.